Residents evacuated after gas leak in Upper Coomera

Residents have been evacuated out of their home after a gas pipe ruptured in Upper Coomera this morning.

Emergency services were called to Jet Street just after 9.30am, following reports of a gas smell.

Queensland Fire and Emergency Services confirmed that a natural gas line had ruptured in front of a house.


ARTICLE CONTINUES AFTER THIS ADVERTISEMENT


The residents of that house were evacuated, while police called for the the gas to be switched off.

Queensland Police have confirmed the line was then repaired around 10.30am, and residents were allowed to return to their house.

The gas was switched back on around 11.20am.

One crew of paramedics did attend though luckily, no injuries were reported.

Subscribe
Notify of
0 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments