RESIDENTS are being urged to prepare their homes and businesses now before the impending storm season strikes.
From October to March, areas right across southeast Queensland and throughout the far northeastern tip of NSW are prone to volatile weather conditions.
ARTICLE CONTINUES AFTER THIS ADVERTISEMENT
Emergency services and insurance companies are encouraging everyone to get “StormSafe” now in an effort to reduce the amount of damage caused in severe weather.
Residents are also asked to ensure that their home and contents insurance policies are up to date.
Some basic steps people can follow to prepare for the storm season include:
- Trim over hanging tree branches
- Park your car under cover or away from trees or power lines
- Secure or put away loose items around the yard or on the balcony
- Check that your roof is in good repair
- Make sure your insurance is up-to-date
- Prepare your Emergency Kit
- Clean your gutters and downpipes
- Prepare an emergency plan