The Easter weekend officially kicks off this afternoon and everyone knows a long weekend road trip isn’t complete without some banger tunes!
Luckily for us, the kind folks at Tourism & Events Queensland have done some research on what Aussie classics Australians said they would be listening to / would want to listen to on their road trip.
They’ve compiled a list of the top 10 hits according to our fellow Aussies and let’s just say some of the results may surprise you… (I Still Call Australia Home – whaaat?!)
ARTICLE CONTINUES AFTER THIS ADVERTISEMENT
Australia’s Most Popular Road Trip Songs:
1. Down Under, Men at Work
2. Great Southern Land, Icehouse
3. I Still Call Australia Home, Peter Allen
4. It’s a Long Way to the Top, AC/DC
5. You’re The Voice, John Farnham
6. Don’t Dream It’s Over, Crowded House
7. Never Tear Us Apart, INXS
8. Working Class Man, Jimmy Barnes
9. Flame Trees, Cold Chisel
10. The Horses, Daryl Braithwaite
Tourism & Events Queensland said that when it came to state-by-state preferences, Victoria, New South Wales and Western Australia were unanimous in making Down Under #1, while Queensland, ACT and the Northern Territory all voted I Still Call Australia Home as their preferred tune for a road trip getaway.