Romantic images of “super couple” before attempted murder

Former Brisbane Lions player Albert Proud and his new girlfriend Richelle Kadadi were described by everyone that knew them as a “Super Couple”.

But now friends and family of the pair have been left heartbroken and devastated, with Proud charged with attempted murder after allegedly almost bashing the doting mother-of-one to death.

The 27-year-old reportedly beat the 35-year-old mother-of-one so severe she suffered a brain haemorrhage and is now in a coma.


The attack allegedly happened around 2am on Sunday morning after the couple attended a wedding. Police allege Ms Kadadi fled from Proud into the street for help and was rescued by the bride and groom who happened to be driving past at the time.

Friends of the couple have been left shocked by the attack, saying they appeared to be loved-up and happy.

PHOTO: Richelle Kadadi / Facebook

PHOTO: Richelle Kadadi / Facebook

Despite only being together for a few months, both regularly posted photos and messages of adoration for each other on Facebook.

On October 26, Ms Kadadi posted a gushing message on the social media site about her new man: “Not only has he nursed me through a really rough two weeks health-wise, looked after my little boy and kept the smile on my face … I’ve just woken up this morning to a note from Albert Proud that he’s booked me into a day spa today to give me some rest.”

She continued: “My mind is absolutely blown and I’m so blessed to have this selfless, loving man in my world. I’m so in love Proudy.”

PHOTO: Facebook

PHOTO: Facebook

Ms Kadadi also often shared photos of Proud and her young son from a previous relationship spending time together.

Ms Kadadi remains in a critical but stable condition in hospital. She suffered severe head and facial injuries, including a brain bleed, and remains in a coma.

Police have said it is a miracle she is still alive.

The footballer has been charged with attempted murder, acts intended to cause grievous bodily harm and wilful damage.

He appeared briefly at Richlands Magistrates Court yesterday and did not apply for bail. He is expected to appear in court again on November 19.