A SECOND man has been charged over the horrific massacre of kangaroos on the NSW south coast last month.
The 33-year-old was arrested at Queanbeyan Police Station on Thursday afternoon and charged with torture, beat and cause death of animal.
It comes after a 19-year-old man was also charged over the animal deaths last week.
ARTICLE CONTINUES AFTER THIS ADVERTISEMENT
Police launched an investigation after they were called to Dress Circle and Headland Drive about 10.15am on Sunday 29 September after a passersby made the grim discovery of a number of dead kangaroos and joeys on the road.
“It’s believed an estimated 20 kangaroos were hit, including 11 killed,” NSW Police said.
The 19-year-old man remains before the courts, whilst the 33-year-old man has been granted conditional bail to appear at Bega Local Court on Tuesday 26 November.
Bega Valley Officer in Charge, Inspector Peter Volf, said acts of animal cruelty would not be tolerated by police.
“We take incidents such as these very seriously and anyone who engages in activities such as these will face the full brunt of the law,” Chief Inspector Volf said.