UPDATE: Another severe thunderstorm warning has been issued for people in parts of the Ipswich, Logan, Scenic Rim, Southern Downs and Toowoomba Council Areas.
At 5.50pm, severe thunderstorms were detected on weather radar near the area north of Inglewood, the area between Inglewood and Millmerran and the area south of Cunninghams Gap.
These thunderstorms are moving towards the northeast.
ARTICLE CONTINUES AFTER THIS ADVERTISEMENT
They are forecast to affect Moogerah Dam, Aratula and Millmerran by 6:20 pm and Boonah, Kincora and Pittsworth by 6:50 pm.
Damaging winds and large hailstones are likely.
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services advises that people should:
* Move your car under cover or away from trees.
* Secure loose outdoor items.
* Seek shelter, preferably indoors and never under trees.
* Avoid using the telephone during a thunderstorm.
* Beware of fallen trees and powerlines.
* For emergency assistance contact the SES on 132 500.
A more general severe thunderstorm warning is also current for parts of the Darling Downs and Granite Belt district.
Rain is edging closer to the Gold Coast from the west, with the chance a thunderstorm could develop across the afternoon or evening.