The Bureau of Meteorology has issued a severe thunderstorm warning for people in parts of the Maranoa and Warrego and Darling Downs and Granite Belt Forecast Districts this afternoon.
It warns the cells could produce damaging winds, heavy rainfall that may lead to flash flooding and large hailstones in the warning area over the next several hours.
Locations which may be affected include Roma, St George, Bollon, Mitchell and Inglewood.
ARTICLE CONTINUES AFTER THIS ADVERTISEMENT
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services advises that people should:
* Move your car under cover or away from trees.
* Secure loose outdoor items.
* Never drive, walk or ride through flood waters. If it’s flooded, forget it.
* Seek shelter, preferably indoors and never under trees.
* Avoid using the telephone during a thunderstorm.
* Beware of fallen trees and powerlines.
* For emergency assistance contact the SES on 132 500.
The next warning is due to be issued by 4:55 pm.
If severe thunderstorms develop in the Southeast Queensland area (east of Dalby from Rainbow Beach to Stanthorpe), a more detailed Severe Thunderstorm Warning will be issued to people in this area.