Severe thunderstorm warnings have been issued for parts of NSW this evening.
The Bureau of Meteorology have warned of flash flooding and heavy rainfall on Tuesday night on the Mid North Coast, Northern Rivers and Northern Tablelands.
Locations which may be affected include Armidale, Glen Innes, Nymboida, Ebor, Guyra and Uralla.
ARTICLE CONTINUES AFTER THIS ADVERTISEMENT
The State Emergency Service advises that people should:
* Keep clear of creeks and storm drains.
* Don’t walk, ride your bike or drive through flood water.
* If you are trapped by flash flooding, seek refuge in the highest available place and ring 000 if you need rescue.
* Unplug computers and appliances.
* Avoid using the phone during the storm.
* Stay indoors away from windows, and keep children and pets indoors as well.
* For emergency help in floods and storms, ring the SES (NSW and ACT) on 132 500.
The next warning is due to be issued by 8:30 pm (AEDT).