Parts of the coast are being warned to expect some heavy rain and strong winds this evening with a Severe Weather Warning issued just before 6pm.
Damaging winds are likely.
ARTICLE CONTINUES AFTER THIS ADVERTISEMENT
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services advises that people should:
* Move your car under cover or away from trees.
* Secure loose outdoor items.
* Seek shelter, preferably indoors and never under trees.
* Avoid using the telephone during a thunderstorm.
* Beware of fallen trees and powerlines.
* For emergency assistance contact the SES on 132 500