SOUTHPORT Magistrates Court was evacuated shortly before midday on Friday amid fears of a gas leak.
Witnesses say as many as 100 people were ushered out of the courthouse after an alarm sounded around 11.30am.
Firefighters entered the building wearing breathing apparatuses, however, were unable to detect leaking gas.
ARTICLE CONTINUES AFTER THIS ADVERTISEMENT
It’s understood a gas-like odour swept through the building from a refrigerated device on the fifth floor.
The all-clear was given a short time later and a refrigeration technician has been called in to fix the issue.
Those who were evacuated from the building were allowed back inside after spending more than 30 minutes outside.
The Southport Police Station was not affected.