EIGHT community groups and organisations across the southern Gold Coast will share in over $205,000 through the latest round of funding from the Gambling Community Benefit Fun and Jupiters Casino Community Benefit Fund.
Member for Currumbin, Jann Stuckey MP welcomed the news, saying the State Government had recognised the financial pressure community groups faced and that the grants would offer much needed assistance.
“Whether it’s watching over beachgoers, encouraging youth to get active or looking after our foreshore and parks, groups such as these are the backbone of our local communities and need our support,” Ms Stuckey said.
ARTICLE CONTINUES AFTER THIS ADVERTISEMENT
Successful organisations within the Currumbin electorate include:
- Kirra Surf Life Saving Club: $4,549 to purchase lifesaving training equipment
- Tweed Heads & Coolangatta SLSC: $29,909 to upgrade toilets
- Twin Towns Community Recreation Complex: $31,818 to install lift
- Tugun Girl Guides: $16,090 to upgrade bathroom
- Friends of Rainbow Bay Society: $13,636 to purchase equipment
- Currumbin State School: $31,818 to install play equipment
- Bilinga Surf Life Saving Club Inc: $68,181 to replace unsafe deck and build storage area
- Surf World Gold Coast: $9,820 to convert bus
Ms Stuckey said it was rewarding to see profits from gambling making a positive difference to the people of Currumbin as well as the volunteers who generously donate their time.
“These grants can make a huge difference so I encourage all groups in the community to apply for the next round of funding before the end of May 2014.”
For more information or to see a full list of recipients please visit www.olgr.qld.gov.au and click on ‘Grants’