BREAKING | Stepmother of 4yo Willow Dunn charged with murder

The stepmother of four-year-old Willow Dunn, who was allegedly left to die in her dirty cot at a home in Brisbane, has been charged with murder.

The 43-year-old woman was taken into custody on Wednesday morning following ongoing investigations by Queensland Police.

Little Willow, who had Down Syndrome, was found dead in her cot at a property in Cannon Hill last Monday, May 25.


A post mortem examination revealed that, at the time of her death she was experiencing serious malnourishment, along with many other health concerns that supported sustained mistreatment.

Her father, 43-year-old Mark James Dunn, has already been charged with murder and remains behind bars.

The stepmother is due to face Brisbane Magistrates Court later today.

Police say investigations are continuing, with further arrests not ruled out at this stage.

“Despite today’s second arrest in this homicide, detectives are continuing to progress this investigation,” Detective Acting Inspector Chris Knight from the Homicide Investigation Unit said at a press conference a short time ago.

“We have initiated investigations and inquiries in NSW and in particular, we have advanced investigations in South Australia.

“We continue to investigate all aspects of Willow’s health, care, treatment in the days, weeks, months and years leading up to her death.

“We know that members of Willow’s family relocated from Adelaide to Brisbane in 2017 and we believe there’s value in identifying potential witnesses in South Australia.”

Detective Knight said police are not yet satisfied that they’ve exhausted all enquiries.

“We will continue to investigate and evaluate all information that we come by, so we can make better informed decisions,” he said.

At a news conference last Friday, police said authorities were confronted with an “horrific scene” when they found Willow.

“The scene that presented the Queensland Ambulance Service and the first responding police officers on Monday morning was extremely confronting, to say the least,” Detective Inspector Knight said.

“They were confronted by a scene that will stay with them for many years.”

It’s understood Willow’s biological mother died during childbirth.

Notify of
newest most voted
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments

Why isn’t the older 20yr old stepsister being charged aswell she knew willow was there why did she leave a little child in utter filth &walked in that house everyday knowing little willow was being mistreated as bad as it comes ,its pure disgrace on everyone that lived &came to that house ,if one person had of helped Willow she’d still b here today ,didgraceful in every way possible poor little girl must have been in agony ,&rats chewing on her face ,how does anyone live in a house with that going on &stay silent so wrong in so many ways ,R.I.P. WILLOW UR NOW SAFE WITH MUMMY .

Amen to this

You are right these people are far from the human race they need hanging the sound of a screaming starving soar child hang these b******s and anyone involved.

How do you know this extra information?
Soooo utterly heartbreaking ?

About time the step mother was charged but ALL adults living in that house or visiting knowing her neglect should also be charged

The Minister of child safety should be charged with Neglect for not taking action as she has a duty of care and also the child safety officers who did not do there jobs