Students evacuated after fire breaks out in TAFE kitchen

A TAFE cooking class didn’t go to plan this afternoon, when a fire broke out in the kitchen of the Kingscliff educational facility.

Fire and Rescue NSW were called to the building on Cudgen Road around 12.30pm, following reports of a blaze.

Upon arrival, crews from Tweed Heads Fire Station found the fire had started in the kitchen of the building and immediately leapt into action.


ARTICLE CONTINUES AFTER THIS ADVERTISEMENT


More than 30 staff and students at the facility were evacuated as crews worked to extinguish the flames, which were out by about 1.15pm.

Firefighters then ventilated the kitchen before staff and students were able to return.

Thankfully no one was injured.

PHOTO: Fire and Rescue NSW

Subscribe
Notify of
0 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments