Surfers Paradise restaurant evacuated after fire breaks out

A Surfers Paradise restaurant was forced to evacuate overnight after a clothes dryer burst into flames.

It happened at a business along Cavill Avenue just before 11.00 pm, with emergency services rushing to the scene.

Three fire crews were there, reporting a strong electrical smell on arrival.


ARTICLE CONTINUES AFTER THIS ADVERTISEMENT


They quickly found the source of smoke at the back of the business, in what appeared to be a clothes dryer.

It took firefighters around half an hour to have the fire completely out.

They remained on scene ventilating the area and clearing smoke, before leaving it in the hands of police just before midnight.

Paramedics were on standby but luckily no one required assessment as a result of the blaze.

Subscribe
Notify of
0 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments