Sydney Harbour BridgeClimb loses contract after 20 years

BridgeClimb Sydney has lost its Sydney Harbour Bridge contract after 20 years of operating the world famous experience.

Roads and Maritime Services made the shock announcement on Friday, saying the company had been unsuccessful in its bid to win a new 20 year contract.

It’s understood the Government has awarded the new 20-year contract to the owners of Scenic World Australia, Hammons Holdings.


ARTICLE CONTINUES AFTER THIS ADVERTISEMENT


BridgeClimb Sydney has summited 4 million climbers from over 140 countries since opening on 1 October 1998.

Chairman and Founder Paul Cave said “it has been a privilege to make a hero of the Bridge, and of every Climber on every Climb.”

“Our team have worked tirelessly to deliver the ultimate experience of Sydney,” he said.

“Over 1,500 team members have made a hero of the Bridge, and of every single Climber and visitor since 1998. Every one of our past and present team can hold their heads high on what we have created together. The team and our customers are our immediate priority.”

BridgeClimb will be operating as normal up until 30 September, 2018.

“For any customers with Climb bookings for after 30 September 2018, BridgeClimb will be in contact when there is further clarity regarding these bookings,” they said in a statement.

Subscribe
Notify of
0 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments