Iconic building burns to the ground on Mt Tamborine

A POPULAR tourist attraction has burned to the ground on Mt Tamborine.

The iconic “Polish Place” restaurant on Main Western Road caught alight just after 2am on New Year’s Eve.

It’s believed the blaze started in the kitchen before it quickly spread and consumed the entire timber building.


ARTICLE CONTINUES AFTER THIS ADVERTISEMENT


The view from The Polish Place PHOTO: By Kgbo - Own work (CC BY-SA 4.0)

The view from The Polish Place PHOTO: By Kgbo – Own work (CC BY-SA 4.0)

Firefighters say around 90 per cent of the three-decade-old structure has since collapsed.

Fire crews are expected to remain at the scene all day.

Fortunately, no one was injured in the inferno.

Michelle Price/Jaydan Duck

Subscribe
Notify of
0 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments