Teen bludgeoned to death in brutal brawl

A TEENAGER has been bludgeoned to death with a baseball bat and a golf club at a house in Sydney’s southwest.

The violence erupted at a home on Chester Road in Ingleburn on Friday night before spilling into the street.

Police said they were called to reports of a large group of people fighting at the address just before 9.40pm.


The crowd grew bigger, however, as more people armed with weapons arrived in vehicles and joined in the melee.

In a statement, NSW Police said the crowd started to disperse as patrol cars began approaching the home.

The Public Order and Riot Squad, along with the dog squad and police rescue were needed to subdue the violence.

As the crowd dwindled, officers spotted the body of an 18-year-old man in the middle of the road.

Police said he was unconscious and suffering from life-threatening head injuries.

He was treated by paramedics at the scene but sadly his injuries were too severe and he could not be saved.

The young man was rushed by ambulance to Liverpool Hospital where he was pronounced deceased, police said.

Several crime scenes were established and multiple weapons seized, including a baseball bat, a golf club and wooden and metal poles.

Four men, all aged 19, were arrested at the scene and taken to Campbelltown Police Station for questioning.

Two of them have since been released without charge, while the other two remained in custody on Saturday morning.

Speaking to reporters on Saturday, Detective Chief Inspector Michael Moroney said “it was a chaotic scene”.

“Obviously this is a very tragic set of circumstances,” he said.

“A young 18-year-old boy who goes out for the evening has been killed in such a brutal manner.”

Det Chief Insp Moroney said the party had been attended by between 50 and 80 people.

The State Crime Command’s Homicide Squad is investigating the circumstances surrounding the man’s death and are appealing for anyone with information or footage of the incident to come forward.

Chester Road remained closed between Percy Street and Gertrude Avenue on Saturday as police examined the scene.

A report will be prepared for the information of the Coroner.