Teen girl dies after suffering rare reaction to WiFi

A teenage girl has been found dead after allegedly suffering from a rare reaction to WiFi, an inquest has heard.

The parents of 15-year-old Jenny Fry claim that she suffered from electro-hypersensitivity (EHS), which caused her to suffer tiredness, headaches and bladder problems.

Debra, Jenny’s mother told the hearing that she had taken the WiFi out of their own home and that her daughter was affected by the wireless internet connections at Chipping Norton School in Oxfordshire.


“Jenny was getting ill and so was I. I did some research and found how dangerous WiFi could be so I had it taken out of the house,” Debra told The Mirror

“Both Jenny and I were fine at home but Jenny continued to be ill at school in certain areas.”

She also explained how Jenny would often hide herself in empty classrooms and would only sit in certain seats in lessons so that she would be as far away from the router as possible.

After suffering what she believed was EHS, Jenny took her own life and was found hanged in Brooke Woods, near her home in Chadlington, in June 11 this year.

Jenny’s parents are now urging the government to look into researching EHS and campaigning to remove WiFi from schools.

If you or someone you know needs help, please contact Lifeline on 13 11 14.