Teens brawl with police as underage party spirals out-of-control in Sydney’s west

FOUR teenagers have been arrested, and a fifth has escaped police custody in handcuffs, after a mob of drunken youths brawled with police at an underage birthday party near Mt Druitt overnight.

More than 100 teenagers reportedly attended the 17th bash at a house on Deccan Way at Bidwill after it was allegedly advertised on social media.

Officers, who had attended the house at 10pm following reports of a fight, were called back to the address just before midnight after drunken partygoers spilled onto the street.


The home owner reportedly asked police to stop the party, at which time the teenagers allegedly turned on officers.

Three male youths were arrested, handcuffed and placed in the same police vehicle before a violent brawl broke out during which glass bottles were hurled at police, injuring a number of officers.

Backup was called when upwards of 60 teenagers started marching towards police, who were forced to deploy their OC spray to disperse the crowd.

The revellers then allegedly surrounded an unmarked police car and proceeded to kick and throw rocks and bottles at it, causing significant damage, while another group freed the three arrested minors from another vehicle.

Additional police arrived and officers were able to restore order and re-arrest two of the three male teenagers, aged 16 and 17, and an 18-year-old male, allegedly seen damaging the unmarked police car.

During the re-arrest of the youths, a 17-year-old female was also arrested after she allegedly punched a female officer in the mouth.

The third youth who was freed from the police vehicle by the crowd is still at large, wearing police handcuffs.

All four arrested were taken to Mt Druitt Police Station where they were each charged with several offences, including assault police, escape police custody, destroy or damage property, affray, and resist or hinder police.

The 16-year-old boy was refused bail to appear before a Children’s Court today, while the 17-year-old boy and 17-year-old girl were both granted conditional bail to appear before a Children’s Court on Tuesday 1 September.

The 18-year-old was refused bail to appear before Parramatta Bail Court today.

All officers injured during the incident were treated for minor injuries and remained on duty.

Inquiries are being made into the incident and further charges are expected.