The spirit of the Gold Coast Show is back at the Broadwater Parklands, with a ‘mini-show’ called the Gold Coast Fun Fair beginning from today.
After the August show had to be postponed due to Covid, event organisers vowed it would still go ahead in some form, even without the added help from Gold Coast Council.
Over the next three weekends, there will be various ‘sessions’ in which Gold Coasters can go and enjoy the carnival atmosphere of rides, show bags and yummy show food.
ARTICLE CONTINUES AFTER THIS ADVERTISEMENT
It’s put on by the team behind some of the biggest and best agricultural shows around the country, and will be done in a Covid-safe way.
Each Thursday to Sunday, starting TODAY, the waterfront southern lawn of Broadwater Parklands will welcome thrill seekers and show lovers in sessions.
For an entry fee of $2, entrants can enjoy Dodgem Cars, Ferris Wheels, The Crazy Dance and The Sound Wave.
There is also the WaveSwingers, Rangers, Jumbo Slides, Whizzers and Crazy Cars and Happy Planes and Fun Factory’s, Mini Ferris Wheels and Bungees, Tornados and Super Jet Coasters.
The Showbag Tent is also in attendance, along with food trucks with all the favs; Fairy Floss and the WORLD FAMOUS Dagwood Dog!
Plus, there’ll be fireworks each Friday and Saturday night.
In order to make the event Covid-safe, a few rules and features have had to be brought in;
- Entry is wrapped up into three-hour sessions during the day and 5.30pm to 9.30pm Thursday and Friday, 6.00pm to 9.30pm Saturday and Sunday
- Numbers are capped each session to stay within the 2 square metres per person
- 1.5m social distancing will be maintained
- A dedicated entry and exit point and contact tracing register
- Frequent cleaning of surfaces and rides
- Full clean of site in between three-hour sessions.
THURSDAYS & FRIDAYS
⏰5:30pm – 9:30pm
SATURDAYS & SUNDAYS
⏰10:30am – 1:30pm
⏰2:00pm – 5:30pm
⏰6:00pm – 9:30pm