Gold Coast businesses are being urged to register for the city’s Play Money Rewards program with time running out to take part.
The $3 million program will see 60,000 vouchers worth $50 on offer for residents to redeem at a range of businesses across the city when they spend $100 or more.
The vouchers will be available from September 16 for use before the end of the year.
ARTICLE CONTINUES AFTER THIS ADVERTISEMENT
But businesses only have until this Friday if they want to take part.
Businesses that are eligible to take part include:
- cafés and restaurants;
- tours and attractions including scenic and sightseeing transport;
- arts and culture including performing arts operations, theatres, and entertainment centres;
- accommodation (excluding private rentals, Airbnb etc);
- local retailers;
- amusement, theme parks and water parks;
- recreational activities such as go-karting, indoor climbing, mini-golf etc.;
- outdoor adventures;
Among the businesses not included are national retailers, tattoo parlours, food delivery services, online-only services, private rentals and services involving gambling, tobacco or alcohol where no dining option is available.
“I say to small business with this play money, get online so that people can see your business. Get onto the Destination Gold Coast website, it’s a simple thing,” Mayor Tom Tate said.
“Lodge your business in there so people, whether they want to go to eat or whatever business you’re offering, when your business is there, there’ll be more exposure and people will come in and spend at least $100.”
Businesses can register through the Destination Gold Coast website