Toddler airlifted to Sydney hospital after being scalded with boiling water

A THREE-year-old boy is being airlifted to hospital after being scalded with boiling water at a home in NSW.

The incident happened at a house near Urana, in the state’s Riverina region, around 8.30am AEDT.

It’s understood the toddler sustained burns to his face and upper body after coming into contact with boiling water.


ARTICLE CONTINUES AFTER THIS ADVERTISEMENT


The toddler was treated by paramedics at the scene before being transported by ambulance to a rescue helicopter that had landed on a sports oval at Collingullie, around 24km west of Wagga Wagga.

According to the area’s leading newspaper, The Daily Advertiser, the chopper lifted off from the oval with the toddler on board, bound for a hospital in Sydney around 11am.

The exact circumstances surrounding the incident were not known at the time of writing.