Toddler chokes to death in Australian Kmart store

A two-year-old boy is dead after reportedly choking on bubblegum at a Kmart store in Perth.

The incident happened at a store in Joondalup, in the city’s north, on Monday afternoon.

It’s understood the toddler was inside the shopping centre with his mother when he began choking.


ARTICLE CONTINUES AFTER THIS ADVERTISEMENT


Paramedics were called and raced to the scene, arriving to find the two-year-old boy in a critical condition.

He was reportedly unconscious and not breathing.

He was rushed to the Joondalup Health Campus but sadly could not be revived.

He was pronounced dead shortly after arriving.

After investigating the incident, police declared the toddler’s death a tragic accident.

Subscribe
Notify of
1 Comment
oldest
newest
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments