Bernard Tomic has reportedly rejected Tennis Australia’s (TA) offer of a meeting to air out a number of issues.
It comes after the Gold Coast tennis star was axed from Australia’s Davis Cup quarter-final clash with Kazakhstan after his verbal tirade about TA’s management.
The 22-year-old was then arrested for failing to listen to hotel security and police after a loud and ongoing party at a Miami penthouse.
ARTICLE CONTINUES AFTER THIS ADVERTISEMENT
Earlier this week, TA president Steve Healy said the organisation wanted to stage a meeting with Tomic in the next week or so to ‘clear the air’.
But Tomic told News Corp on Thursday: “Until I am satisfied TA is committed to funding the development of junior Australian talent, including my sister Sara, on a non-discriminatory basis, I do not believe there is any point in meeting.”
“I am always ready, willing and able to play for Australia,” he said from Colombia, where he is trying to defend one of his two ATP titles.
“It is my honour and privilege to do so. I consider that I have a good record and it is my hope to continue to represent my country.
“Importantly, I would like to thank previous TA administrators for their financial support in the past.
“Current TA administrators sacked me from the Davis Cup for comments I made at Wimbledon. I stand by those comments.
Healy and captain Wally Masur had said they would like to see Tomic return for Australia’s September 18-20 semi-final tie against Great Britain.
Whether that will happen or not, we will just have to wait and see.