Who are the most annoying airplane passengers? Seat-kickers are the worst of the worst, according to Expedia’s latest Airline Etiquette Study.
The travel giant asked 1,019 randomly selected Americans to rank the most annoying airplane travellers, and 61 percent said Rear Seat Kickers were the most aggravating at 35,000 feet.
Inattentive Parents came in at a close second with 59 percent; while the Aromatic Passenger (someone who has poor hygiene or is just generally smelly) was the third with 50 percent of the vote.
ARTICLE CONTINUES AFTER THIS ADVERTISEMENT
The research also found many passengers prefer a quiet environment when flying, with the Audio Insensitive (someone who talks loud/plays loud music) and the Chatty Cathy (someone who is overly talkative) also making it into the Top Ten.
Here is the Top 10 list of onboard etiquette violators:
1. Rear Seat Kicker (cited by 61% of study respondents)
2. Inattentive Parents (59%)
3. The Aromatic Passenger (50%)
4. The Audio Insensitive (50%)
5. The Boozer (45%)
6. Chatty Cathy (43%)
7. Carry-On Baggage Offenders (38%)
8. The Queue Jumper (rushes to deplane) (35%)
9. Seat-Back Guy (the seat recliner) (32%)
10. Overhead Bin Inconsiderate (stows bag in first available spot, rather than nearest to his/her seat) (32%)