Travis Scott has broken his silence following the tragic death of eight people at the rapper’s Astroworld Festival last week.
Thousands of people attended the concert in Houston on November 5, with around 300 people having to be treated on-site for minor injuries.
Local emergency services confirmed that there were eight casualties, including a 14-year-old.
ARTICLE CONTINUES AFTER THIS ADVERTISEMENT
The tragedy was understood to have happened in a massive crowd surge towards the stage, which saw 17 people transported to the hospital, and 11 of those were reportedly in cardiac arrest.
Scott has since posted a statement on Twitter, saying he’s in mourning.
“I’m absolutely devastated by what took place last night,” he said.
“My prayers go out to the families and all those impacted by what happened at Astroworld Festival.
“Houston PD has my total support as they continue to look into the tragic loss of life.
“I am committed to working together with the Houston community to heal and support the families in need.
“Thank you to Houston PD, Fire Department and NRG Park for their immediate response and support. Love You All,” he said.
The Astroworld Festival was cancelled following Scott’s set.
“Our hearts are with the Astroworld Festival Family tonight—especially those we lost and their loved ones,” the festival said statement over the weekend.
“We are focused on supporting local officials however we can.”
“As authorities mentioned in their press conference earlier.
“They are looking into the series of cardiac arrests that took place. If you have any relevant information on this, please reach out to @HoustonPolice.”