TWO young men have been rushed to hospital – one of them sedated and in a critical condition – after overdosing on a mystery drug in NSW.
Police said the men overdosed in Darling Harbour on Saturday.
A 21-year-old man was rushed to Liverpool Hospital where he remained on Sunday, sedated and in a critical condition.
ARTICLE CONTINUES AFTER THIS ADVERTISEMENT
A second man, aged 24, was taken to Bankstown Hospital where he also remained on Sunday, in a stable, less serious condition.
Police have been told the men ingested an unknown substance that comes in a black clip-seal bag with ‘Australia’s No.1’.
The overdoses have prompted police to warn the community.
Bankstown Police Area Command Duty Officer, Chief Inspector Brad Thorne said
“There is a reason why drugs are illegal,” Chief Inspector Brad Thorne of Bankstown Police said.
“You don’t know what you are putting into your body and the effects it may have.
“They are very dangerous and can be harmful and in some cases, end in death.
“You need to ask yourself; is it really worth gambling with your life?”.
Anyone with information regarding the source of this substance is urged to contact Bankstown Police Station or Crime Stoppers.
You can report also information about crime anonymously to Crime Stoppers by calling 1800 333 000 or via nsw.crimestoppers.com.au 24 hours per day. Crime Stoppers is a registered charity and community volunteer organisation.