Two men will appear in court today charged over the attempted extortion of a man on the Central Coast earlier this week.
Officers will allege a 31-year-old man was held against his will in an apartment at The Entrance, on Tuesday 15 September, 2015.
Two men, aged 20 and 42, allegedly contacted the man’s mother and demanded a sum of cash for her son’s safe return.
ARTICLE CONTINUES AFTER THIS ADVERTISEMENT
The woman then contacted police at Tuggerah Lakes and an investigation was commenced.
At 7.30pm on Tuesday 15 September, a 29-year-old man attended a fast food restaurant on Ocean Parade, The Entrance, with the 31-year-old man who had suffered facial injuries.
Police were waiting at the location and arrested the 29-year-old. He was taken to Tuggerah Lakes Police Station where he was charged with take/detain in company with intent to obtain advantage and assault occasion actual bodily harm. He appeared in Wyong Local Court and bail was refused, he will next appear on 11 November 2015.
In the afternoon of Wednesday 16 September 2015, police attended the apartment at The Entrance, where they arrested two men aged 20 and 42.
They were taken to Tuggerah Lakes Police Station where they were charged with take/detain in company with intent to obtain advantage and assault occasioning actual bodily harm.
Both men will appear in Wyong Local Court today.
Detective Inspector Waddell, the Crime Manager for Tuggerah Lakes LAC, said crimes of this nature should always be reported to police and will be treated seriously.
“The outcome for this incident has been very positive, with the three men alleged to be involved facing serious charges. I would like to remind members of our community that if anyone experiences threats of harm or attempts of extortion, it should always be reported to police,” said Detective Inspector Waddell.