Two men have suffered serious electrical burns in an explosive workplace incident in Ashmore this morning.
Emergency services rushed to the scene near the Ashmore City Shopping Centre along Southport Nerang Road around 10.30am.
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services say they were called to attend a ‘structure fire’, but on arrival they found no sign of smoke or fire at the business.
ARTICLE CONTINUES AFTER THIS ADVERTISEMENT
Paramedics have been on scene for over an hour, treating two men in their 30s for serious burns to their head and chest.
One is being rushed to the Royal Brisbane and Women’s Hospital in a critical condition, while the other was taken in a serious condition to the Gold Coast University Hospital.
A third person was uninjured.
Police and Workplace Health and Safety officers are still at the scene, investigating exactly what may have happened.
Early reports suggest an electrical/industrial incident may have sparked an explosion.