One dead, two injured after stabbing at Murwillumbah

UPDATE @ 5.25pm: A man has died and a teenage boy is fighting for his life after a horror stabbing at Murwillumbah today.

About 12.30pm, police and emergency services were called to Knox Park in Brisbane Street after receiving reports of people fighting.

Upon arrival, police located three men suffering serious stab wounds.


A 46-year-old man was rushed to Tweed Heads Hospital where he later died.

An 18-year-old man was taken to Gold Coast University Hospital. He remains in a critical condition suffering wounds to his chest.

Another man, aged 29, was taken to Murwillumbah Hospital suffering minor injuries. He has since been released from hospital.

A 32-year-old man was arrested at the scene and taken to Tweed Heads Police Station.

He is currently assisting police with inquiries.

EARLIER @ 4:40pm: NSW Police say they can’t confirm if a man who went on a stabbing rampage at Murwillumbah this afternoon had been released from prison on parole in the past couple of weeks.

A man in his 50’s was rushed to Tweed Hospital with life-threatening knife wounds to the chest, his son in his late teens is being treated in Gold Coast University Hospital for stab wounds to the chest and shoulder.

NSW Ambulance says a third man who was wounded drove himself to hospital after a brawl erupted in a local park.

Police arrested a local man near his home a short time later. He’s being questioned.

EARLIER @ 2:20pm: Three people have been rushed to hospital after a stabbing at Murwillumbah this afternoon.

Emergency services were called to Prince Street just before 12.30pm following reports of a large brawl.

A man, aged in his 50s, was treated at the scene for stab wounds to his chest. He has been taken to Tweed Hospital.

A male teenager was also treated for stab wounds to his chest and shoulder. He has been transported to Gold Coast University Hospital.

A third man, whose age is not known, was taken to hospital with stab wounds.

NSW Ambulance could not confirm the trio’s conditions.

One person has been taken into custody.

Several crime scenes have been established and police investigations are ongoing.

Vision posted to social media shows several people lying on the ground, with one woman heard screaming “Get over here now, hurry up, my husband can’t breathe, get over here now.”