Emergency services have rushed to a reported house fire in Southport overnight.
It broke out on Norman Street around 10.00pm, calling two fire fighting crews to the scene.
On arrival, firies discovered it was just a mattress that was burning, and they quickly extinguished the blaze.
ARTICLE CONTINUES AFTER THIS ADVERTISEMENT
Paramedics were also called to the scene, where they treated two people for smoke inhalation.
Luckily, no serious injuries were reported.
#Southport – 21:54hrs QAS on scene at a house fire, currently treating two patients with smoke inhalation.
— Queensland Ambulance (@QldAmbulance) August 31, 2019