A woman has been taken to hospital after a small balcony fire broke out at a Surfers Paradise unit.
Emergency services were called to the Cavill Avenue building around 10.00am following reports of a blaze.
Firies were quick to extinguish the fire.
ARTICLE CONTINUES AFTER THIS ADVERTISEMENT
Paramedics had to treat two people for smoke inhalation at the scene.
The woman was taken to the Gold Coast University Hospital for treatment while the male patient opted to make his own way there.
#Update – Two patients were assessed for smoke inhalation following a reported balcony fire at an apartment block on Cavill Avenue #SurferParadise at 10am. A patient was transported stable to Gold Coast University Hospital while a patient elected to travel via private means.
— Queensland Ambulance (@QldAmbulance) May 29, 2019