Four children and two women have been treated by paramedics after a chlorine leak at a swimming pool in Ormeau overnight.
A Queensland Ambulance spokesperson said crews were called to a pool on Blank Street around 5.40pm.
It’s understood a pool filter malfunctioned, exposing the swimmers to a higher level of chlorine.
ARTICLE CONTINUES AFTER THIS ADVERTISEMENT
Six people were treated at the scene by paramedics for breathing difficulties, however only three needed to be taken to hospital.
One woman in her 50s was transported to Robina Hospital in a stable condition, while a woman in her 40’s was also taken to the same hospital.
A female child under primary school age was taken to Logan Hospital suffering mild respiratory issues.
A QAS spokesperson said she was transported in a stable condition.