Residents of a Surfers Paradise unit block received an early morning wake-up call after a fire broke out in one of the apartments.
Emergency crews rushed to the building on Stanhill Drive around 1.05am this morning following reports of a blaze.
Upon arrival, they found a fire in a second-floor unit and immediately leapt into action.
ARTICLE CONTINUES AFTER THIS ADVERTISEMENT
It forced residents from 20 units at the complex to gather outside on the street in freezing cold temperatures.
One man, aged in his 30s, was treated at the scene by paramedics before being taken to the Gold Coast University Hospital as a precaution.
A Queensland Police spokesperson told myGC the blaze is not being treated as suspcious.
Early investigations indicate a candle may have started the fire.