A fire has sparked on the balcony of a unit in Surfers Paradise.
Four crews arrived to find smoke and flames on the balcony on Elkhorn Avenue at 6:20PM.
A closer inspection found the fire had consumed a fridge and a BBQ and the QFES said the power supply to the unit was switched off.
ARTICLE CONTINUES AFTER THIS ADVERTISEMENT
There were also concerns the flames could spread to nearby gas bottles so crews had to act quickly.
Evacuation bells were sounded and residents in nearby units were evacuated.
The fire was extinguished at around 6:40AM.
Paramedics were on standby but say no one was injured.