UPDATE | Man charged with killing teenage girlfriend

UPDATE @ Sunday July 1 2018 10 AM | The 34-year-old boyfriend of missing Brisbane teenager, Larissa Beilby, has been charged with her murder.

Police have confirmed, the 16-year-old’s body was found in a barrel on the tray of a black ute in Stapylton on Wednesday.

“Formal identification occurred yesterday following scientific tests,” Police said in a statement on Sunday morning, while also confirming the charges laid against her boyfriend.


ARTICLE CONTINUES AFTER THIS ADVERTISEMENT


“A 34-year-old Shailer Park man has been charged with murder and misconduct with a corpse.”

Zlatko Sikorsky (main picture) surrendered to Police on Saturday night, following a marathon 27-hour standoff at a Sunshine Coast unit complex.

He had allegedly fled to the Alexandra Headlands property on Friday, while on the run from Police, following the discovery of Miss Beilby’s body on Wednesday (June 27).

The last confirmed sighting of the 16-year-old (pictured above) was on June 15 in Sandgate while her last known communication was to a friend via social media on June 18.

She was reported missing to police by her father on June 26.

Her sister, Deanna, took to Facebook overnight to confirm her sister’s death.

“With a broken heart shattered into more than a million pieces our family is utterly destroyed to inform you all that Larissa has been taken from us.”

“Our beautiful girl has been reunited with our beloved wife and mother. Fly high our darling angel, until we see you again Rissy.”

Acting Detective Superintendent Mark White said detectives had been working around the clock on the case.

“Our thoughts are very much with Miss Beilby’s family as they come to terms with and mourn her death,” Acting Detective Superintendent White said.

“We would like to thank the public for their assistance and cooperation throughout the early stages of this investigation.”

“I would also like to acknowledge the commitment of our officers who have worked tirelessly throughout the week.”

Sikorsky will face Maroochydore Magistrates Court on Monday.

If you are in immediate danger call 000 now.  If you require advice or assistance, the following services offer counselling and support.
Lifeline 24/7 telephone crisis support 13 11 14
DV Connect Queensland Statewide Domestic Violence Hotline 24/7 phone 1800 811 811
1800RESPECT 24/7 phone 1800 737 732
Domestic Violence Prevention Centre Gold Coast

EARLIER @ Saturday June 30 2018 6:40 PM | ZLATKO Sikorsky, wanted over the body-in-a-barrel murder at Logan, has been arrested following a marathon 27-hour siege on Queensland’s Sunshine Coast.

The 34-year-old surrendered to police without incident around 6.30pm following a “highly complex and lengthy negotiation”, police said in a statement.

He’d been holed up in a unit on Juan Street at Alexandra Headland since Friday following a three day manhunt after a teenage girl’s body was found stuffed in a barrel on the back of a ute he’d been driving on Wednesday.

Police were looking for missing 16-year-old Sandgate schoolgirl Larissa Beilby when they made the gruesome discovery.

It’s understood Sikorsky was driven to the Sunshine Coast by a 40-year-old woman who has since been charged with being an accessory to murder.

Sunshine Coast District Officer Superintendent Darryl Johnson said that at all times during the stand-off, public safety remained the top priority of police.

“It was important to give our negotiators the time and space to help us resolve this peacefully – and I am relieved that we have been able to take this man into custody without him, any member of the public or any of our officers being hurt,” Superintendent Johnson said.

“I want to thank the people of Alexandra Headlands – particularly those living within our exclusion zone – for their patience and assistance during the last 24 hours. It is very much appreciated.”

Sikorsky has been taken to the Maroochydore Watch House where he will be questioned by detectives.

EARLIER @ June 29 2018 5:30 PM |HEAVILY armed police have surrounded a unit complex on the Sunshine Coast following a reported sighting of a man wanted over the gruesome body-in-a-barrel murder on the Gold Coast.

Zlatko Sikorsky, 34, is believed to be holed up alone inside a unit on Juan Street at Alexandra Headlands.

Police declared an emergency situation under the Public Safety Preservation Act just before 3.30pm and set up an exclusion zone as they try and coax the man into surrendering.

The exclusion zone is bounded by Alex Parade to the north, Mary Street to the west, Mayfield Street to the east and William Street to the south.

Residents inside the declared zone are being urged to remain indoors, while members of the public are being warned to avoid the area.

In a statement, police said “no further information can be provided at this time”.

Sikorsky is wanted over the death of a person whose decomposed body was found stuffed in a barrel and hidden under a tarp on the back of a black Holden ute at Stapylton on Wednesday.

Police were looking for missing 16-year-old Sandgate schoolgirl Larissa Beilby when they made the gruesome discovery.

While the body in the barrel is still yet to be formally identified, police have confirmed Sikorsky did have an association with Larissa, who remains missing, not seen since June 15.

Earlier on Wednesday, officers attended a house in Buccan, Logan, where Sikorsky was known to be staying, but it’s alleged he took off in the ute with the barrel on the back.

The vehicle was later captured on a motorist’s dash camera, speeding down the shoulder of the M1.

It’s alleged Sikorsky drove the ute to Stapylton and dumped it at a caravan park before fleeing in a silver Holden Commodore sedan. He’s been on the run ever since.

As the manhunt for Sikorsky entered its third day, it was revealed the 34-year-old has a long history of violent crime and was wanted on a return to prison warrant for breaching his parole.

Subscribe
Notify of
0 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments