US teen electrocuted while using mobile phone in bathtub

A Texas teenager has died after reportedly being electrocuted while using her mobile phone in the bath.

It’s understood the 14-year-old was taking a bath at her father’s home in Lovington, New Mexico when the tragic accident occurred.

According to local news station KCBD, the young girl is believed to have “either plugged her phone in or simply grabbed her phone that was already plugged in.”


ARTICLE CONTINUES AFTER THIS ADVERTISEMENT


“There was a burn mark on her hand, the hand that would have grabbed the phone,” the girl’s grandmother told the news network.

“That was just very obvious that that’s what had happened.”

The teen’s family is now hoping to raise awareness of the dangers of using electronic devices in and around water.

A GoFundMe campaign has also been set up to help with the cost of the funeral, which will be held at the First United Methodist Church in Lovington this Friday.