A Victorian footballer has passed away in hospital, almost a week after he took a cocktail of dangerous drugs on the Gold Coast.
Riki Stephens was one of several people rushed to hospital in a serious condition over the weekend after consuming a dangerous drug.
The drug was yesterday revealed by police toxicology tests to be a combination of MDMA and LSD known as “N-BOMB”.
ARTICLE CONTINUES AFTER THIS ADVERTISEMENT
Two men have since been charged with supplying the dangerous drugs and police say investigations are continuing.
Superintendent Michelle Stenner warned the community of the serious and potentially fatal effects of taking dangerous drugs.
“Illicit drugs are dangerous and can be deadly. You do not know what you are taking and how you will react.”
“These drugs are manufactured substances made in backyard laboratories using concocted recipes. What you think you are buying may not be what you are administering,” Superintendent Stenner said.