UPDATE @ 9.45AM | A tree has come down across part of the M1 at Nerang following wild weather across the Gold Coast.
It’s happened near Exit 73 affecting northbound traffic.
There are currently two northbound lanes blocked.
ARTICLE CONTINUES AFTER THIS ADVERTISEMENT
Delays already stretch back to Worongary.
— Johnpaul Gonzo (@JohnpaulGonzo) December 12, 2020
Flash flooding has also affected several roads across the region this morning.
According to Transport and Main Roads, the following roads are impacted as at 9.50AM
- Somerset Drive, Mudgeeraba closed between Franklin drive and Panogan Road because of flash flooding
- Gold Coast Springbrook Rd, Mudgeeraba near Belmont Park Dr
- Hardys Rd, Bonogin closed because of flooding.
Debris is also impacting some roads across the Gold Coast including:
- Tomewin Mountain Rd is closed at Currumbin Valley between Bains Rd and the NSW border
- Nerang Murwillumbah Rd at Natural Bridge is closed about 1km north of the NSW border because of a fallen tree.
- Lamington National Park Rd at Canungra
- Springbrook Rd, Springbrook near Lyre Bridge Rd