A Gold Coast snake catcher says he feared he may die after being bitten by one of the world’s deadliest snakes.
Tony Harrison was called out to a home in Pimpama yesterday, when he was struck on the thumb by an Eastern Brown snake.
It’s understood he was trying to catch the snake from underneath an conditioning unit at the property when the serpent lashed out.
ARTICLE CONTINUES AFTER THIS ADVERTISEMENT
He was live-streaming to his thousands of followers on Facebook at the time, with the terrifying incident all caught on camera.
Mr Harrison said he felt a “quick ninja tap” and then looked down to see blood.
“And my worst nightmare was being lived out…” he said.
“Imagine the feeling of knowing you may die in a few hours… Well thanx to good universe powers or something it turns out I was not envenomated… A dry bite.”
Mr Harrison was rushed to the Gold Coast University Hospital for treatment , however is understood to have miraculously not been envenomated by the serpent.
He still spent the night in hospital for observations, although is likely to be released on Sunday.
Mr Harrison said it’s not the first time he has been bitten by an Eastern Brown.
“17 years ago I was bitten and envenomated by a brown… 10 vials to pull it up but I’m still here,” he said.
“The docs often told me not to do it again as I may not come out the other side…
“I have never been scared of dying until I found true happiness with my new family..
“I’ve since been as carefull as I can. Knowing it does happen to us catchers but I really want to see Jensen grow up…