Grocery shopping has reached a whole new level, with Harris Farm Markets now open at Capri on Via Roma.
With the freshest fruit and veg from local farmers, more than 500 cheeses, a premium butcher, fishmonger, and even a bread waterfall, it’s a one stop shop for all of your produce and pantry needs.
“The thing about Harris Farm is we make shopping extremely enjoyable. It’s not a task. We always say it’s more market than supermarket,” store manager Matthew Shipley told myGC.
ARTICLE CONTINUES AFTER THIS ADVERTISEMENT
Take a look inside the store in the video below:
As for what what shoppers can expect – here’s a little taste:
- FRUIT & VEG – more than 500 fruit & veg lines including organics. Some local fruit and veg favourites are gourmet mushrooms from Little Acre in Brisbane, strawberrys from the Sunshine Coast & Caboolture, Toowoomba avocados, as well as crisp lettuces and celery from Redland.
- CHEESE BOARDWALK – more than 500 cheeses, including a range of vegan and local stars Barambah, Woombye, Olympus and Casa Motta among others.
- BREAD SOCIAL – the famous Bread Social from Tweed Heads and Byron Bay will be baking fresh breads and pastries from the mezzanine level above, before cascading their goods down to customersvia a conveyor belt.
- MILK ON TAP – Queensland’s multi-award-winning Maleny Dairy, Barambah Organics milk from the QLD/NSW border region, and Almond Milk from Mandole Orchard on Tap.
- HONEY ON TAP – the Gold Coast’s famous and family-owned BioSota Manuka honey will literally be liquid gold in the store, with four taps allowing customers to our their own!
- NUT BUTTERS – self-serve Almond, Peanut and Cashew Butter. Customers can choose the nuts and make the nut butter in store, with nothing else added.
- PLANT-BASED RANGE – more than 150 plant-based products including Bite Me Fine Foods, Golden Falafel, Suzy Spoon, The Green Lion, Veglicious Kitchen and Wildly Good.
- NUTS & HEALTH FOOD – a range of almost 50 nuts and seeds, and more than 16 health foods including the organic pioneers Naked Byron Foods and Farmer Jo, both from Mullumbimby.
- LOOSE COFFEE & TEA – a range of loose coffee beans from locals Lund Coffee Roaster as well as 20 loose teas.
- PROPER MEAT BUTCHER – home to 9 in-house butchers who believe in doing things the proper way by offering cut to order meats (encouraging nose – to – tail consumptions) from livestock sourced locally including Spring Grove Fresh Food Company based in Casino and Hobbs Organic Chicken farm in Pittsworth.
- FISH IN THE FAMILY – A traditional Aussie fishmonger with a passion for quality and sustainable seafood, owned and operated by the Papacosta Family since 1976. Some local favourites coming into season are wild barramundi from Far North Cairns, Great Barrier Reef coral trout as well as fresh tiger prawns from the Goldie, just in time for summer.
- LOCAL STARS – some of South East Queensland’s leading food names in Roza’s Sauces, Frozen Sunshine Ice Blocks, Sweet Nectar desserts, My Berries and edible flowers, among many others.
Mr Shipley told myGC the family owned and operated business also have a great initiative called ‘Imperfect Picks’.
“It’s either larger or smaller fruit that farmers would normally turn into the soil but they sell it to us, and we pass it on to the customer at up to 5o percent cheaper.”
Harris Farm Markets is open 7 days a week from 6am to 9pm at Capri on Via Roma. To find out more, visit: harrisfarm.com.au/