WATCH: Young man shares confronting video showing effects of ecstasy pill

A confronting video showing the effects of a $25 ecstasy pill, is going viral online with a young man proving just how much the drug has destroyed his life.

Jordan Hurdes from Victoria almost died after having a reaction to the party drug ecstasy.

The 20-year-old, who now lives with a stutter and spasms, uploaded a video to Facebook on Monday to raise awareness of the dangers of drugs.


ARTICLE CONTINUES AFTER THIS ADVERTISEMENT


“The party scene’s pretty big these days in Australia and so is ecstasy, also known as ‘pingas’ as most of you would know it as,” Jordan says at the start of the three minute video.

“I wanted to share my story about what happened. Look guys this isn’t for sympathy or anything its for awareness, it’s played a huge part in my life and affected my family and friends,

“Doctors can’t believe I’m still alive. I’m so grateful I’m still here. It’s a waiting game at the moment to see whether I’ll have a permanent jerking like I have now, as you can see, and with my stutter I’m not sure whether it will go or get better any time soon.

Jordan’s message throughout the video was clear – say no to drugs.

“Guys don’t get sucked in. It all seems like fun and games and a cheap $25 pill but it’s not worth it, if I have to live like this it will be a struggle for the rest of my life. Be the stronger person and say no to drugs,” he said.

His video has been shared more than 35,000 times and received more than 25,000 likes and comments.

Before posting the video, Jordan broke the news about what happened to him in an emotional post to Facebook accompanied by images of him in hospital.

“So as some of you may have seen I have been in hospital for the past few days. This isn’t a sympathy post, but a post of awareness. Going out and having fun is all good and well. And taking party drugs (pills, pingas, googs) seems like a fun option and you don’t think anything life changing could happen to you. I myself am lucky to be alive now, I now have the possibility of a permanent stutter and twitch due to nerve or brain damage.

“Please please please don’t take the “cheaper fun” option, because you never know if it could happened to you. If I can get this into at least a couple of people’s heads then I could have saved someone’s life.

“I would also like to thank my amazing gorgeous friends for all the gifts and support to not only my self but my family, and for coming to visit me today and make the most of it. I love you all.

“Feel free to share this post as I want as many people to see how a simple party drug can change someone’s life,” the post read.

Photo: Facebook

Photo: Facebook

 

Subscribe
Notify of
1 Comment
oldest
newest
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments

So…doctors can’t say what’s wrong with him exactly, and therefore cannot confirm it was even e that caused it. Therefore neither can he. If indeed he even had e as he thought, but sounds unlikely. More likely he had a predisposition to condition and a lifestyle of partying that exacerbated it.