Woman, 93, burnt after becoming trapped in Central Coast house fire

A 93-YEAR-old woman has suffered burns to her face and legs after becoming trapped in her burning home on Christmas Eve.

Fire crews were called to the Mimosa Avenue home at Saratoga on the NSW Central Coast just after 2am.

A neighbour braved the flames to try and rescue the elderly woman from the burning home, but he was unable to lift her and was overcome by smoke.


ARTICLE CONTINUES AFTER THIS ADVERTISEMENT


Fire fighters raced to the scene and dragged the woman from the home before working to extinguish the inferno.

The 93-year-old resident was treated by paramedics at the scene before being taken to Gosford Hospital.

Police said she had suffered burns to her face and legs.

A crime scene has been established at the home and is today being examined by specialist forensic officers.

Investigators say initial inquiries suggest the fire is not suspicious.

Subscribe
Notify of
0 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments