A 26-YEAR-OLD woman has been abducted and bashed with a baseball bat by her former partner in a horrifying case of domestic violence in rural NSW.
The man, also 26, allegedly assaulted the woman with the bat before forcing her into his car in the Riverina city of Wagga Wagga around 6pm last night.
Police said the man refused to release the woman and continued to hold her hostage as he allegedly drove around the city “for some time”.
ARTICLE CONTINUES AFTER THIS ADVERTISEMENT
The woman was then dumped outside a home in Glenfield Park. She called police who raced to the area and arrested the man.
He was taken to the local police station and charged with eigh offences, including:
- Kidnap with intent to commit serious indictable offence/occasioning actual bodily harm
- Take person with intent to commit serious indictable offence
- Stalk/intimidate intend fear/physical harm
- Assault occasioning actual bodily harm
- Common assault
- Drive while disqualified
- Take and drive conveyance
- Destroy or damage property
The 26-year-old man has been refused bail to appear in the Wagga Wagga Local Court tomorrow.
His former partner was treated at the Wagga Rural Referal Hospital for facial injuries and bruising.
Police have applied for an urgent provisional AVO.