A woman has been charged with child neglect after a two-year-old boy was found to have swallowed illicit drugs at a home in Sydney’s west.
The youngster was taken to Nepean Hospital on 8 December last year, with suspected poisoning after doctors were told he had consumed paint thinner at a South Penrith home.
The child was airlifted to Sydney Children’s Hospital at Randwick a short time later when his condition deteriorated.
ARTICLE CONTINUES AFTER THIS ADVERTISEMENT
Forensic analysis and pathology testing revealed the toddler had consumed illicit drugs.
Detectives from the Child Abuse Squad executed a search warrant at the home, where a number of items were seized for forensic examination.
A 36-year-old woman has since been charged with two counts of neglect child in care, and fail to provide for child cause danger of death.
The woman was granted strict conditional bail to appear at Penrith Local Court today