A woman has suffered serious burns and six other people have been injured, including an 11-year-old boy, after a kerosene lamp exploded at a home in Sydney’s west overnight.
Police say the 55-year-old woman was critically injured when a kerosene lamp ignited in the backyard of the Deptford Avenue property at Kings Langley shortly after 9pm.
ARTICLE CONTINUES AFTER THIS ADVERTISEMENT
She was rushed to Westmead Hospital in a critical condition with serious burns.
Six other people at the home – four men, a woman, and an 11-year-old boy – were treated by Ambulance Paramedics before being taken to hospital.
It’s understood they were injured while trying to assist the 55-year-old woman before emergency services arrived.
Fortunately, their injuries are not considered life-threatening.
A crime scene has been established at the address and investigations are continuing.
Police say the incident is not being treated as suspicious.