UPDATE: SEVERAL pet cats are thought to have perished in a devastating house fire at Upper Coomera on Saturday.
It’s understood the blaze started around 5pm and quickly spread through the Norman Court home.
No one was inside the house at the time the fire started, although it’s feared several cats may have been killed.
ARTICLE CONTINUES AFTER THIS ADVERTISEMENT
A woman, believed to live at the address, was seen breaking down in tears after arriving to find smoke billowing from the home.
“I left after the poor lady was screaming,” one neighbour told Gold Coast Weather & News Together.
“She found her poor cats. It was devastating. I feel for them”.
The woman had to be treated for shock by Ambulance Paramedics at the scene.
It remains unclear how many cats were inside the house.
Emergency services remain at the scene.
EARLIER: EMERGENCY services are on scene of a house fire on the northern Gold Coast.
Fire fighters, police and paramedics were called to the Norman Court home at Upper Coomera around 5pm.
It remains unclear what sparked the blaze, or whether anyone has been injured.
There is no further information available at this time.
PICTURE: Kyle Odonnell