Woman dies after being found unconscious in NSW house fire

A woman has died after she was found unconscious in her home that had been fully engulfed in flames at Lake Macquarie over the weekend.

Police said emergency crews were called to the home on Karog Street around 11.20pm on Sunday.

When they arrived, they found an 18-year-old man suffering smoke inhalation on the footpath. He had attempted to enter the home to rescue the occupant, a 63-year-old woman, however was unsuccessful.


ARTICLE CONTINUES AFTER THIS ADVERTISEMENT


Fire crews managed to make their way into the house, finding the woman unconscious.

She was airlifted to Royal North Shore Hospital, where she died on Tuesday.

Police say the fire is not believed to be suspicious.

The teen remains in a stable condition in John Hunter Hospital.

 

Subscribe
Notify of
0 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments