Woman hospitalised after fire erupts in Gold Coast bedroom

A woman has been hospitalised after a fire broke out at a home in Burleigh Waters overnight.

Emergency crews were called to a house on Woburn Place just before 7.00pm on Wednesday, following reports of a blaze.

Upon arrival, fire crews found a fire had erupted inside a bedroom at the property.


ARTICLE CONTINUES AFTER THIS ADVERTISEMENT


A Queensland Fire and Emergency Service spokesperson told myGC it took crews about 15 minutes to extinguish the flames.

One woman suffered smoke inhalation and was treated on scene by paramedics.

She was then taken to the Gold Coast University Hospital in a stable condition.

It’s not yet known what sparked the blaze.

Subscribe
Notify of
1 Comment
oldest
newest
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments

Ciggie, I’ll bet