A WOMAN has been killed and a firefighter injured in a fire which ripped through a Labrador unit this morning.
Initial information indicates an electrical fault may have sparked the blaze which broke out in a two-storey apartment building near the Grand Hotel around 4:45am on Wednesday, sparking a mass evacuation.
ARTICLE CONTINUES AFTER THIS ADVERTISEMENT
A fire fighter was taken to Gold Coast University Hospital with a calf injury.
It took crews roughly an hour to extinguish the flames, with a thick smoke haze wafting through surrounding streets.
The unit was completely destroyed.
Forensic teams have arrived on scene to determine the exact cause of the blaze.